• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brakes

DurbElites

NAXJA Forum User
The problem: my 95 the brakes will not lock up at all (even with two feet pushing down in a panic stop) and I have horrible stopping capability. This is non abs and my brakes are adjusted with new pads and rotors up front and bled correctly. I have had the new brakes for about 5000 miles now and they flat out suck. my friends 89 with stock brakes up front and disk d44 in back will lock up 35's will no problems and his prop valve is untouched and m/c and booster are all stock and he has great pedal. mine= poo
The question: will a 96 m/c and brake booster work and a non abs prop valve work on my 95? I know there was a brake but I cant find wether its 96 or 97 when they had a dual diaphram booster.

Any input would be good because I have friends that have extra parts from the 96 but if its not going to help then its pointless to switch.

Your 95 should already have the dual chamber vacuum booster. I'll have to check my 94 when I get home (I put a 95 booster and M/C in it a few years back) but IIRC, the dual chamber brakes use a plastic m/c while the single chambers use a metal m/c.

In any event, it sounds like your vacuum booster is shot. Have you doen the simple stuff like check for vacuum to the booster?

WHY would you want to put a 96 in your 95 when you *ALREADY* have the dual chamber? It sounds like you've got a bad booster, just replace it.

DurbElites said:
The problem: my 95 the brakes will not lock up at all (even with two feet pushing down in a panic stop) and I have horrible stopping capability.

You have a bad power booster, is the problem.

DurbElites said:
The question: will a 96 m/c and brake booster work and a non abs prop valve work on my 95? I know there was a brake but I cant find wether its 96 or 97 when they had a dual diaphram booster.

Any input would be good because I have friends that have extra parts from the 96 but if its not going to help then its pointless to switch.

The switch was between 94 and 95. I believe the 96 booster will not be a bolt in, just go to autozone and buy a power booster for your 95 - they aren't that expensive. Brakes and Steering it is not ok to cheap out on - you put a lot of lives at risk doing so.

Back