• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Pushrod Info

MaineJeepah

NAXJA Forum User
Did a search - no luck...

I am a dingus (pronounced Ding-gus). I seem to have lost my stock pushrods. I am building a stroker, and I need new rods anyway (stroker motor) but I don't know the original specs for diameter, end type, etc. I THINK it is a 5/16" tube iwth ball ends and no oil holes, but I am probably worng. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!

I think you should just be able to go to a good autoparts store and ask for the stock ones and figure it out that way, I think they are only a few dollars each.
Clevite says: Item#: CEP 2154273
Attributes:
Length:9.641"
O.D.:.312"
Type:'Drilled (Ball)

Where did you get the no holes idea? Stock pushrods are hollow and have oil holes. The oil is pumped up from the lifters to the rockers.

Thank you bajacalal!

The no holes thing comes from crane themselves... I think he was just guessing.

I appreicate the reply!!!!

Thats from Clevite btw and I think they should have oil holes drilled (type = drilled). Last time I was looking at a head, IIRC the oil flows up through the pushrods and is emitted on top of the rockers. That is the spec from the Clevite catalog from work.

Back