• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

powertrax

jdurbach

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone out there have the powertrax no slip locker. is it better than other lunchboxes. rustys says it is smoother. I do some wheelin but nothing too crazy. I want the extra traction but i dont want the negatives of a lockrite in the ice. Ill never have the money as a college student for an arb locker so something simpler would be better

A great locker, much better behaved than a lockright.

I installed a No Slip in my 8.25 a few months ago, works as advertised. Install was painless, about 2 hours start to finish at a moderate pace(I had never messed with the inside of a diff before)

If you've broken your no-slip 3 times, you are doing something wrong, probably the install.

I hammered the living shit out of my no-slip and never had a problem with it. The guy who's running that rear end now had to replace one of the springs, but other than that its still in excellent shape.

It's probably the second best lunchbox out there, next to an Aussie. For sure better than a lockrite.

nope nothing wrong with the installs first two times I did it the third I had a differnetial shop do it the last time time I did it again, and all 3 breaks had the same results broken cross pin leading to damaged gears and carrier. granted mine is in my d-30 and I hammer the hell out of it in the sand. Im now using the stock cross pin and 6 months later it still hasnt broken.

I installed mine about half a year ago. Very smooth operation, cannot tell it is there until you need it. But like another fella said, take it easy on the turns when on snow packed roads and icy ones as when you apply the throttle you engage the locker which in turn will most likely send you into a kamakazi whirl of death. No, not really haha, just don't tromp on it and try not to iether on dry roads as you will wear out your tires if you keep trying to impress the ladies with the chirpy chirpness.

Overall, great performance, good quality, great price, easy install, very satisfied!

Good luck!

Racing4funn said:
I hate that locker more than anything!! !!!1

I feel much better now..

Did I say how F**K**G much I hate that locker?

Ummmm....you want to post a reason?

cal said:
If you've broken your no-slip 3 times, you are doing something wrong, probably the install.

I hammered the living shit out of my no-slip and never had a problem with it. The guy who's running that rear end now had to replace one of the springs, but other than that its still in excellent shape.

It's probably the second best lunchbox out there, next to an Aussie. For sure better than a lockrite.

Same here, even with the extra torque from the stroker I have had no issues. If I get on the gas the tires squeal when it shifts into second and third with an auto, and the locker holds up fine.

Mine has worked pretty well for offroading. Scary in the snow (but my daily driver is an awd subaru with snow tires, so it's a different animal entirely!)

I think the install is kind of a pain, not difficult, just tedious getting everything lined up right. I have scribed mine where the parts need to line up, and that has made install way easier.

Be very tender i when installing it to make sure the paddles line up right. Forcing the center pin in can break a paddle and the locker will not work right. Dealing with the c-clips can be a little hair pulling sometimes too. All in all, it's a decent locker for a decent price.

Back