• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Lights!!! Question

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
My Girlfriend Got me 4 8" 130 watt Pro Comp lights and the Double switch relay for em for christmas. Im gonna mount them on my factory luggage rack bar and slide them up against my roofrack. I just bought a higher wattage Alt and Upgraded my battery. My question is will i be able to run all 4 of those lights?? thanks

Cory

Make your own bar because when you are going down the road they will wobble on the flimsy bar. i had mine this way and they sucked. i made mine out of some angle iron and they are god and strong now bolted through the roof.

P = ie, in other words Power (p) is equal to the current (i) multiplied by the voltage (e). Your 4 lights will pull 520 watts or about 43.33 amps.

Make sure you have heavy gauge wire (10 AWG or bigger) to keep your wires from burning.

My two suggestions are:
1. wire the light system directly off the battery, by passing any stock wiring which may not be able to handle the current.
2. Get a larger alternator that can handle the extra load.

Back