• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are Rough Country Offroad Products any good

leadfoot77

NAXJA Forum User
i think i found the lift kit i want i just wanna know if this comany is any good and if there stuff is reliable? thanks and fyi the kit is the
4.5" Series II Suspension Kit and yes im gonna do the sye kit

Before some one else tells you in a rude fastion Please do a search for rough country. The search button is in the blue line at the top of the page, and if you click advanced search and have it only search titles, you will find that this is one of the many many topics covered on this forum once a week.

As for any good, that is totally up to you, some will tell you that it is the worst waste of money anywhere, some say that they got by with it for a couple years, and it was a good lift to start off on.

I guess it is about as confusing as asking who likes red heads with green eyes, some will and some will not.

The best thing to do is just search, i know i hit search for you and came up with this right off the bat: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72620&highlight=rough+country

read that go from there.

Rough Country is like Rustys. You got the good and you got the bad. I've used products from both that ended as scrap metal or sold to a sucker. Then again, I've found a few of the products that were well designed and made and have held up well. As far as what's good and what's bad, depends on what you expect, what you want the product to do and how you beat on them.

personally i love it and have it on both of my jeeps.

but as nighthawkXJ said.........some swear by them, other like them as great "starter kits", and others think they are the worst thing in this world.

honestly, you're going to have to make your own decision. rubicon express is generally one of the "most praised" companies out there, but there are also people who hate them with a passion. there is no such thing as a "perfect" company. go with what you can afford. i like rough country, cuz they are cheaply priced, rather complete kits, and work very well.

I have the 4.5" kit, and I can't wait to replace it

i have RC leafs and i was dissapointed in the ride and the amount of sagging and the way id have to constantly swap them over from driver to passenger beacause of torwue sagging.

i got RE leaves and was much happier.

If reliable and decent ride is anything you may value look at some of the better companies out there. Rough Country may be the cheapest but youll get what you pay for.

Very very rarely do you hear of people being with dissatisfied with Rubicon Express. Id go with them if i were you.

theres stupid people everywhere.

scorpio_vette said:
rubicon express is generally one of the "most praised" companies out there, but there are also people who hate them with a passion.

doing what you guys do best. bashing people.

if you actually read all of what i said, that reference was simply trying to explain that he'll have to make his own decision which brand to use because people have good and bad experiences with ALL BRANDS.

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
Rough Country may be the cheapest but youll get what you pay for.

Our price may be some of the lowest but that does not sacrifice in our qaulity, We are able to keep our prices so low because we sell factory direct and have 30 years worth of relationships built with our suppliers now having said that I am not saying we are the best on the market but we are equal to alot of others and we as a company has came along way and continue to improve and grow. Please keep in mind we are not your 3500.00 dollar kit that takes a shop, 7 days and a welder to install we are here for the under 1000.00 dollar no welder or shop needed to install company that does what it takes to make installer friendly lifts at a price you wont get divorced over. so Best on the market no, best for everyday people with everyday jobs Yes :cheers:

Ok, check out all the write ups on lifts, you will see all the people talking about the good an the bad of these 2 lifts, ( RE an RC ).I'm not a pro but i will say that rough country will STAND UP an take care of you IF you have any trouble.. Now from what i have been READING,i see a lot of the DEATH WOBBLE write ups on other lifts.. Now i have installed a few of rough (6)country lifts an i have No trouble with them at all with wobble, but i can't say the same with the RE kits.. To be fair i have only installed 3 of these. the kid next door has the worst wobble i have ever seen, he can't go over 30 mph.. (the front end is all brand new )he has the 5.5 lift from RE, he took my tires to try still has it, so i don't know if it is the lift but there is a lot of guys that have the same crap from RE lifts..SO FLAME ON ALL YOU RE LOVERS
THATS MY 2 CENTS

yeah you might need a flame suit for that remark. LOL

I would be very very hard pressed to blame DW on any lift kit. the additional stress placed on certain components due to the lift and new angles created by it might bring on DW, but it's usually a component not related to the lift that is the actual problem.

do to health i can't wrench on it, so he is going to use my tools an remove his lift with me pointing what to do, then we are going to install a 6 that i have here waiting for a friends jeep to see if it is his jeep or the RE lift he got.. I think it is the RE lift.. We will see i guess, i do own a race suitthat flame retart

holly crap. you're going to swap an entire lift kit to try and find a DW problem??? man you guys must have alot of time to waste.

how about you start a new thread for this so we don't hi-jack the rough country thread, or e-mail me. i would like to know ALL the specs on his jeep and what you guys have looked at so far to see if i can't give you some pointers and maybe save you the hassle of swapping lift kits.

your right, sorry folks.. but hey the rough country kit is a good kit. I used there kits in my off road race buggys an trucks years ago.. i only use good products. so i'll go now

Back