• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5" RE/ Adding Spacer and Schackles

xjhandy

NAXJA Forum User
I was just curious if anyone has ever added some coil spacers and schackles (teraflex kit) to their RE 3.5 lift. I forked out the money for the lift a little bit ago, and i want a little more height. I was figuring a transfer case lowering kit, and a adjustable track bar would get rid of the vibes, but im not sure. Anyone have any advice or other routes they would think of taking. Thanks. Merry Christmas

I have added a spacer and a shackle to their 4.5" kit. I ended up buying bigger coils that were stiffer, the RE ones were too soft once the winch went on the front. What vibes do you have? A trackbar just centers the front axle, assuming its in good shape now, you wouldn't get vibes from it.

when speaking of vibes, i mean possible vibes i would get from adding a spacer and shackle or spacer and new springs to the rear. I dont have any vibes at the moment, just wondering wether or not they would appear... we'll see. thanks

Older XJs usually get driveline vibes after 4.25-4.50" lift, newer around(going out on a limb) 3.75-4.00" lift. Which Im sure you have heard of a SYE. Other vibrations that will occur could be from the larger tires being unbalanced if you fail to do this. You will need a alignment because the geometery will be different then how it was before. You might need a track bar drop mount and that will save you some from having to get a new adjustable track bar. Other vibes after the above is taken care of could be from the road condition and having steep control arms.

yeh SYE is what im trying to stay away from at this point in time. I know if i continue to go up I will eventually need one, but for now im gonna try and get by with a lowering kit. Money wise, a SYE is just not in the cards as of now. Thanks for all the info, sounds like i will be doing ok, with adding the spacers up front and shackles to the rear. Maybe even order some larger complete springs for the back later, but thanks for your guys time. :)

Not sure what year yours is, but I was able to run about 5.5" of lift with no vibes at all in my 90. Just make sure you shim the rear axle to get all your angles correct.

Back