• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fan Switch only works on high or position 4

ke5vm

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guy hope you can help. My fan switch in my 99 XJ only work or blows when in is on high or in the number 4 position. 1,2,3 does not work at all. Could it be the switch. Started doing this all of a sudden. Thanks for your help.

Jim

The fan is on a temperature switch, or when set to 4 or the A/C is on. if you realy want your fan on cut the blue wire and set a switch in the cab.

Pologuy1441 said:
The fan is on a temperature switch, or when set to 4 or the A/C is on. if you realy want your fan on cut the blue wire and set a switch in the cab.

Close - there's a thermal cut-out that sometimes kicks in for no very good reason. I forget the specifics, but a quick search should turn it up.

it's the blower motor resistor it's under the pass side dash very easy to replace. call the dealer or a parts store happens all the time. just did one in a 00 xj 2 weeks ago.

Phil

Voluster is right on with his diagnosis.

Gah, should've known better - had to replace mine last summer.

Back