• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drag Link??

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
What is a good upgrade for the drag link bar (straight bar from knuckle to knuckle)? I nicknamed it the butter bar, All it takes is to hit a good chunk of frozen snow and I need a wheel alignment. ,I was thinking welding a piece of angle iron from end to end- bad idea? Or buy a yearly membership to my alignment shop until I can convert to over the knuckle.

the straight bar is your tie rod.
there's lots of companies that make steering upgrades that fit right onto the stock knuckles and use DOM tubing for the tie rod.
The cheapest option would be a v8 zj tie rod, they are solid stock and not tube. and it will be a direct fit. install, have it aligned.

The drag link is what attaches from the pitman arm to the passenger side knuckle. The Tie rod is the straight bar that attaches from the drivers side knuckle to the drag link. I just recently bent mine up. You can buy upgrades, they have solid stock tie rods that are heavier duty, and will take more abuse. A yearly membership to an alignmnet shop is also a good idea, get it aligned up after every offroad trip.

Edit: damn, beat me too it.

Back