• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new stroker low oil pressure

aengelme

NAXJA Forum User
I have just completed my stroker build and have put it in the jeep. I started it up and have very low oil pressure (10psi). I checked the sending unit and its good. The oil pump is primed and flowing good but no oil is going up to the rocker arms. I have a feeling that it is an internal leak in the engine but have no idea where. Any ideas?

thanks

Pull the distributor and use an oil pump primer on a drill to spin up the pump. Run it for several minutes. The oil topside comes up from the lifters, through the push rods.

Make sure you don't have a Fram filter.

Another common problem is that the oil pump pickup is too close to the bottom of the pan, causing a restriction.

Fram sucks bad, very bad. Very likely to collapse internally

I happen to like Fram and us it in my Cuba with a hi pressure pump(80psi) and have never had a problem with it!

I have built many engs but never a 4.0 so my advice may be off a little but.........did you put the gasket on the oil pick up tube?

after you shut if off does the dipstick have foamy oil on it?

Dues the oil go up thru the push rod tubes? or does it go thru the head?

if it go's thru the push rod tube,...........a could you have left out a plug. A plug that seal the oil going to the lifter cavity at the front or rear of the block?

A couple of years ago, Fram started having their filters made in China, and ever since people have been seeing problems with the quality.

I found out the problem. I left out a plug by the timing chain for one of the oil vallies. Thats why i was not loosing any oil. Thanks again for everyones help.

old_man said:
A couple of years ago, Fram started having their filters made in China, and ever since people have been seeing problems with the quality.
Hmmm, could there be a connection? :laugh:

Back