• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacume Can Thingy

MrShoeBoy

NAXJA Forum User
Can it be tossed?

I need more space under the hood and the vacume bottle takes up a fair amount. Its been moved under the hood when I cut the fenders and made a new bumper years ago. I have long ditched the vacume disconnect and switches for the front axle and the cruise control doesnt work. Is the vacume bottle still needed for the A/C and heater controls in the cab?

AARON

Try looking under the hood of the 80's-90's GM cars, as they use a compact (around 4" dia) ball style canister that is easy to move to just about anywhere under the hood. However, it will not fit on the angled part of the fire wall just above the pince seam over next to the passenger side hinge. I tried that spot yesterday, and the hood will close, but it will be "pushed" up in the rear, as the cannister is just a little too big, even with the hood liner removed. The only vac. that you need to hook-up is the hose from the engine to the spot on the cannister marked "VAC" (never would have guessed that part) and the line coming from the heater box.

Back