• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What shocks for my longarm setup

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
In the very near future I will be putting a longarm kit on my Jeep, which is currently sitting 4.5" lifted with a standard short arm kit.

I will be running the 4.5 for now, but probably adding another inch or two.

Question here is, what length shocks are gonna work well with that type of setup, and what brands/models are good? Lookin for some personal experience type opinions here.

Bilstien 5150 or 7100's. High quality, good ride, don't fade quickly, and last. Rancho 9000 adjustables are "neat", but the ride is never actually very good, your always tweaking with them trying to get it right. RE Monotubes are ok, I can't think of any other shock out there I would waste my time with.

I get good deals on rancho stuff but I definitely don't want a quirky shock that I will always be messing with

The ones that come to mind for me are:

Bilstein
Old Man Emu
Pro Comp MX6
Rubicon Express

If I recall correctly the OME shocks don't get to be long enough for a ~5-6" lift, so that rules them out.

I could never suggest a procomp shock. ;(

cal said:
If I recall correctly the OME shocks don't get to be long enough for a ~5-6" lift, so that rules them out.

I could never suggest a procomp shock. ;(

gotcha

never heard much on the pro-comp's, but I retail them, so they are an easy option. good lookin out.

I'm pretty sure I will never install another shock that is not a Bilstien, unless its on a light commuter car.

Even my trailer (bantam m100) is going to get 8" bilstiens.

ive had no problems with my bilsteins and love the ride.
i haven't ran procomps, but a few of my friends don't like them at all.
with about 6" im running 10" in front and 12" travel shocks in the back

hope this helps some.

i have a pair of 12" shocks (new) if interested.

jeepkid2000 said:
ive had no problems with my bilsteins and love the ride.
i haven't ran procomps, but a few of my friends don't like them at all.
with about 6" im running 10" in front and 12" travel shocks in the back

hope this helps some.

i have a pair of 12" shocks (new) if interested.

I am! Pm'd you

Back