• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E-brake

Mdub

NAXJA Forum User
Guys,
I've got about a 6" lift so I got some e-brake extensions from...I think Maako Mfg. Anyway, I put them on and I have no e-brake. I have adusted my pads so they are as close to the drum as possible (while still being able to get the drum on), but when I pull the lever...NOTHING (or at least very little). I have adjusted it near the transfer case so it is very taut, but I must be missing something. The new cables looked like they had longer springs at the brake ends than the originals. Would that have anything to do with it? Help me out guys, this is lame.

Adjust the brakes thru the little acsess port with a flat head screwdriver until the drums are quite difficult to turn by hand-careful, it's hard to loosen thru the hole. then make sure the handle has resistance at the end of it's pull, stopped by the cable, not by the lever. good luck

Back