• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The wonders of car repairs.

bradss16

NAXJA Forum User
It started out with needing to fix a leaking radiator hose and change my oil. I ended up replaceing the water pump and oil pressure sending unit. Could have been worse i know but...

53guy said:
how'd it turn into all that crap?

He opened the hood and actually looked :shocked: LOL.... alot different from web wheelen repairs....

well... the water pump was the last place i checked for the coolant leak it was running down and dripping from the lower rad hose so it looked like the hose, it must have been dripping from the bering on the water pump. and the oil pressure sender happened after i changed the oil, i had no pressure so i was like wtf. I starrted pokin around in the engine and barely touched the thing and it snapped off(i am pretty sure it was already cracked) 28$ later i have oil pressure.

Senders are normal, the leak from the water pump is from the packing material that keeps the thing sealed, I've seen alot of them go south after someone uses a 15 min cooling systems flush, seems to eat the packing gland... If you look harder I'm *sure* you can find other stuff to spend money one too, check out the nice colored valve covers at quadratec, now thats a snazzy addition... :D

Welcome to the wonderful world of car repairs. I had a flat tire turn into a rear brake job with new drums, shoes, cylinders, hardware,and a brake line across the axle.

The darndest things happen when you look inside. :shocked:

Back