• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35 spline 9" ?'s

BRIANHO13

<- Yum Chocolate
I am looking to go to 35 spline axles, I thought all I needed was a new spool /carrier to do this. I already have the 31 spline big bearing housing, and I am hearing I need a different centersecion all together. What's the deal?

ok called Randy's and all you need is thier special 35 spline spool (about 130) and you can run 35 spline axles in a big bearing center section.

But I am going to give the 31 spline alloys a shot first (25% stronger), I beat the crap out of the 31 spline stockers this year. The only reason I was thinking about going to 35 splines is the stock splines are just starting to twist, but I am not so sure they weren't like that when I rebuilt it last year. It was barely enough to catch my eye while I was adding discs.

I think they will do fine.

A buddy of mine with a 99 Grand cherokee with the 4.7L Wailed on his 31spline chromos on the Rubicon this year.

He lost his front Driveshaft so just stood on it all the way up cadillac hill. His warn axles twisted at the splines, but they didn't break. He's on 37 inch Blue lable Krawlers.

I just installed a Currie 9" with 35 splines (Spooled). It has torino big bearings, nothing special on the end of the axles. What Discs did you go with?

Back