• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 Questions for ya

curtdiss

NAXJA Forum User
First of all...hello, I am new here:wave:

These questions pertain to my 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport. I have owned it since 2001. It has 109k miles on it.

Questions:
1) My keyless entry only works about 1/4 of the time I try and use it (yes, I put new batteries in it) any ideas? is this a common problem?? How do I fix this?

2) My passenger side front wheel flare fell off...where can I get a new one = black???

(ok, maybe more that 2 questions:doh: )

thanks

curtdiss said:
1) My keyless entry only works about 1/4 of the time I try and use it (yes, I put new batteries in it) any ideas? is this a common problem?? How do I fix this?

Mine does the same thing. It seems to be sensitive to two things: the angle I approach the vehicle at while trying to use it, and whether or not it really thinks it's locked. When it's doing the latter, I usually hit the lock button again, then hit unlock and it seems to work. As for the former, no idea. It's inconsistent in when it decides to do it.

FWIW, my 2001 didn't have this issue - the damn thing would practically work from four football fields away. Not sure if there was some sort of change made for the remote locks in 2001, but about the only thing I can really think of is that the 2000 has the overhead console whereas the 2001 did not. Its possible that there may be some interference or signal sensitivity that it's causing, but I really doubt that - and since you've got a Sport, I'm willing to bet that you probably don't have the overhead console.

2) My passenger side front wheel flare fell off...where can I get a new one = black???

Quadratec has them here. '97-up isn't listed for flares, but give them a call - I seem to remember seeing them listed on there in the past.

that or go junkyarding

never know whatcha might find

check on eBay for factory flares. Some times you can pick up a single or a set for next to nothing. Shop around, you'll find a set of stock flares for cheap. You may also put a post in the wanted classified forums.

Still have key fob issue...any ideas??

Looking for front AND rear wheel flare (passenger side) now...black

also looking for door trim for passenger side

thanks guys

Back