• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90 Manifold questions..............

XJRob2

NAXJA Forum User
Is there really a difference on pre 91 exhaust manifolds? The cheapest ones that I can find is on e-bay. The 1991 and up manifolds are much cheaper, and I just don't know why my 90 Laredo 4.0 is so hard to find stuff for compared to others. It seems that a lot of things start at 1991+ on parts.
I was hoiping that someone could help me with this one
Thanx,
Rob

Just looking at pictures, it looks like 91 and above have a different angle on the down pipe for the exhaust. I may be just me :eyes:

XJRob2 said:
Just looking at pictures, it looks like 91 and above have a different angle on the down pipe for the exhaust. I may be just me :eyes:
Yes you're right. You will need to bypass your EGR system (ie:plug at the intake manifold) and you will need a 91+ downpipe. With the downpipe change, you also need to reroute the 02 sensor to the downpipe. It's not that big of a deal at all if you don't have emissions testings in your state though. I've done it on my 90.
Hope this helps,
Collin

Back