• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33/12.50

Good gawd how many times are you going to ask the same question without searching? I count three posts from you clustered together on the same page...all asking the same question. Can you? Yes. Should you? No. Can you burn up your transmission or clutch? Yupper.

Its a very bad idea for the longevity of your drivetrain, but if you insist on doing it, do it in third gear. At least you can get some of your gas mileage back and be easier on the engine, but you'll still kill your transmission.

I run 33s with my stock 3.55s. I personally hate it. I drive half local and half highway. I think I got passed by a jogger once.

90exjay said:
I'm running 33's and 3.07's and it sucks, granted you have 3.55's but doubt it will be a good thing.

Sean
Deja vu all over again, huh Sean? :D

I too ran 3.07 and 33s for a while, including some pretty serious off roading. It is possible, but it really sucks and it ate up my clutch.

As has been said (too many times to count): Can you? Yes. Should you? No.

-----Matt-----

i have lots of hills here in ohio ,i was worried i would loose power and the transmission would search for gearing but i am getting plenty of power and the transmission runs just fine.i have no problems with my 98 auto allthough my gas miles suck.i am going to get ARB and 456 gears in the future .note i am not a lead foot but it goes just fine when i step on it.

don't be a dick, he's completely right. This question has been answered a number of times and the answer could have easily been found through a search.

The whole idea sux....yer gas mileage will totally SUCK and you will run your tranny hot, and yer heep won't have enuff power to pull a greasy string out of a cats butt.......other than that.....suuuuuure....its OooooTayyyyy.

thats funny I have 3.55 and 33's just keep it in 3rd gear and where we wheel you stay in 1st or 2nd most hte time anyway , and i know it has been said 4000 times , if you dont change your speedo gear you have to guestimate your mileage anyway . wont be accurate ... BUT in a nutshell 3.55 and 33's is duable .

first off this is like my first time on a forum i have posted like 5 threads in my intire life im SORRY to make you guys made all i ever reed on these forums is people being assholes to everyone anyways sorry im new and im not like everyone else..... just like to know something before i fuck my jeep up...........!

Back