• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

M.O.R.E steering brace..vs C-rok braces

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

i just went up to 35s, and have been really wanting to see what theyre capable of:shhh: , but have been hesitant because i know i need a brace. would one like rustys, or M.O.R.E, be good enough, or do i need the 2 sheets of metal which weld onto each side of the frame like c-rok..thanks:dunno:

The M.O.R.E brace and the C-rok brace strengthen different parts of the steering box so ideally you would use both. If you're only getting one type then I would definitely go for the C-rok inner and outers unless you have a bumper with tie-ins then you would only need the inner.

That does look like a pretty nice setup. I hadn't seen that one before but if I had I might have considered it over the c-rok. I'm not sure how thick it is but I'm sure it's as good if not better than the c-rok.

jsk2052 said:
That does look like a pretty nice setup. I hadn't seen that one before but if I had I might have considered it over the c-rok. I'm not sure how thick it is but I'm sure it's as good if not better than the c-rok.

Outer plate is 3/16" and inner plate is 1/8" thickness. Plenty strong enough, IMO.

jsk2052 said:
The M.O.R.E brace and the C-rok brace strengthen different parts of the steering box so ideally you would use both. If you're only getting one type then I would definitely go for the C-rok inner and outers unless you have a bumper with tie-ins then you would only need the inner.

x2. If you had to choose one type, pick the C-Rok/JKS setup. Before I went to 35's I addded the MORE brace (my RIGIDCO bumper incorporated the outer steering plate and I installed the C-Rok inner plate) for peace of mind.

Not to bash either one of these braces, but it is very easy to make your own inner and outer braces with some flat metal, a saw of some sort and a drill.

It took me all of about an hour to do my outside brace and most of that was trying to get the steering box hooked back up.

One very good tip I read on here: when removing the steering box to work on the unibody section, put a piece of wood across the top where the hood goes and let the steering box hang off of it with some rope. Much easier than trying to disconnect everything and reconnect it later.

Back