• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler long arm kit?

simplyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have pics of install on this kit or instruction kits? I just want my install to go smooth because I picked up a used kit cheap...

i have the instructions if you can give me your email adress or contact rockkrawler... there are a few writeups here so before you get flamed search and there are great pics like this one

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=88978&highlight=rock+krawler

used? i guess you have new brackets to mount to the frame? the instructions call for welding and make sure the ones you got are in good condition along with the hardware and joints... i have mine sitting in my room waiting for my last final on monday to get the mounts welded and then get on to bolting it on... make sure you have the ball joint for the pumpkin and all the spacers and hardware... again after the control arm mounts are bolted and welded the kit is fully bolt on. anyways most people look at this kit as a problem with the 3 point attatchment but i have seen it in person (like it is sitting in my room duh but actually in action!) and I have heard nothing but good things. anyhow, good luck and some people weld all the way across the mount which seems to be OK but the instructons call for stitch welds in one inch increments... ok nuff said it is a very good long arm kit in my opinion...done!

Yeah I got new brackets so I'm set for that... [email protected] for instructions... You should send me some pics when you get it on... Oh, what is the bushing size for the lca's? I need to order some new ones because the old ones are shot!

simplyXJ said:
Yeah I got new brackets so I'm set for that... [email protected] for instructions... You should send me some pics when you get it on... Oh, what is the bushing size for the lca's? I need to order some new ones because the old ones are shot!
in reguard to the bushing size. my rk kit came with hiem joints

and for the brackets i moved my lca brackets up about 2 inches. youll get better tire clearence and a better aproch angle

and if have a buddie that works at a welding shop. make sure he drinks the 12 pack after he welds them on

yes for the long arms i think you have the adjustable control arms... move the mounts two inches up? huh... can you post a pic? and did you use self tappers for the lower arm mounts? i think mine came with bolts... thanks.

Back