• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slave cylinder problems???

XJwnstn85

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so after spending a ton of money on having my transmission problems fixed by a shop the jeep ran well and was driveable! all i had left to fix was the gauges, a wobble in the front end when it got up to speed and replace all the grommets and bushings...
... i come back home from school and now my clutch wont engage... if i try to start it in gear with the clutch all the way in it jumps like the clutch isnt working at all.. it starts and runs good in nuetral but will not go into gear at all...

any ideas on where i should start troubleshooting?

I would suspect your hydraulic clutch slave cylinder that mounts to the bell housing. Did you drive it after you had it repaired?

You don't say what year you have, but the slave could have gone out. Not sure what the year change over was, but at least by '96 the slave cylinder was mouted to the outside of the bell housing. Check your fluid level first.

its an 85 and i drove it a few times after it was fixed and it worked fine. then it sat for about 4-5 months then it wouldnt work... the fluid levels seemed fine and my firewall is kinda messed up where the res mounts but i have it temporarily braced right now until i can weld it. I will try and bleed the system and see what happens.

thanks for all the help

Back