• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crown vic d44 e-brake problem

Highlander

NAXJA Forum User
Almost done with my axle and need Ideas on hooking up the e-brake lines.
Dana 44(xj) 94 crown vic brakes

What did you do?

I've tried all the write-ups in my liabrary and have come up with diddly squat.

All help is greatly appreciated!!!!!
Pics are even better!!! :wave:

Done this, looks bad but it works.

cable picture

I have seen a place you can get the ends like the crown vic uses pressed on (or whatever they do to fasten the ends on) and put them on the cables. No clue on the cost of that but as soon as i can find someone local to do it I'm gettting it done correctly.

Andy

I used passenger side parking brake cables for a 95 YJ.
parkingbrake114rw.jpg

and these:
parkingbrake14ez.jpg

to do this:
parkingbrake68sw.jpg

parkingbrake53ay.jpg

and this:
parkingbrake44sy.jpg

I had to cut off some of the coiled spring on the ends of the cables and slot the clevis tabs with a dremel so the cable ends would connect with the tabs.

I got the idea from xjspyder and other sources on the net.

Hope this helps.

Kyung

Okay that seems a heck of a lot easier than i have seen in the past. Where did you get clevis tabs, and how much do they run?
Thanks in advance.

Andy

I welded a link of chain onto the barrel. Looks odd, but worked just fine. I had to cut about half of the spring off the cable ends as well.

lawsoncl said:
I welded a link of chain onto the barrel. Looks odd, but worked just fine. I had to cut about half of the spring off the cable ends as well.
Hey, I like that idea!-------Hans

Back