• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

kumho Mt 834s how are they?

jdurbach

NAXJA Forum User
hey ahs anyone out there used the kumho MT tires? If so how did they work? I cant find anywhere how many sidewall plies they have. If I I get a 2 inch Rustys lift and do some fender trimming(an inch or so) will i be able to fit 31's on my 99 xj?

i just bought them off of someone from this site, and while I have yet to test them out, they have a very aggressive tread pattern similar to a BFG MT.

I have the 31x10.5 and while I have no idea how thick the sidewall is, it's pretty damn thick but again I have no other MT to compare it to. Honestly, for the money I paid for em with 1800 miles on em (340 bucks) they were definately worth it.

I'm sure if you do the fender trimming and the 2 inch lift youll be able to clear them, but I rub my lower control arms on full lock with a RE 3.5".

Ive ran the Kumho MTs (old style which is what i assume you are talking about) on mine for 3 years now. The tread wear is pretty amazing, and they do pretty well in rocks for a cheap mud tire. They dont do real well in the mud because their lugs are pretty close together but all and all i would recommend it for a 31X10.50. Heres a pic that shows the tread after smoking it alittle on a rock :roll: and then a pic of me climbing a rock after going through some mud at the bottom of the "wall". Tires are gummed up pretty good.

51645299dce3de53.jpg

516452a726f4f437.jpg

Hope this helps.

hey thanks guys I definately want to get the older version the new one looks all show to me do you know how many side wall plies they have

i have them on both of my jeeps (31's and 33's) and they rock. they are some of the cheapest tires i've found, and are tough as hell. i've run them at 8 pounds over rocks, and have had the sidewall touching the bead, and have run it through all kinds of terrain, and they just won't give up. they also have very nice aggressive bite. i've made it up muddy hills in the rain where other jeeps where just sliding and didn't go anywhere.

a couple guys i wheel with went and bought themselves a set after seing ours in action.

ONE WORD--- SWEET!! excellant traction in mud,sand, great on rocks,wet weather and snow , I siped mine halfway for better ice traction. and they have good tread life, unless your going to a swamper I'd highly recomend these. check the online tests and trials!!

I have a set of 35s on my DD/work truck 85' Toyota p/u and I have about 30,000 miles on them and still have about 85% tread left but, I rotate them every 5,000 miles, religiously, and I have a 5th tire as a spare that gets rotated in the mix, as well. I bought them because they were cheap but, they have really suprised me with how well they work on and off road and I wheel them pretty hard (the sidewalls hold up WAY better than the BFGs I've had on my other trucks). Like the other guys had mentioned, they wear like iron! For the price, you won't be dissapointed-------Hans

BRADFORDXJ said:
I was goint to buy these but I could not find anyone that had them in stock. I was like 2 months ago, they might be in now...they were on backorder until end of december.

all you need is www.tirerack.com

i NEVER buy tires locally anymore. i used to have a friend at a goodyear dealer back when i used to run those, and even he couldn't give me enough discount to beat the tirerack prices.

scorpio_vette said:
all you need is www.tirerack.com

i NEVER buy tires locally anymore. i used to have a friend at a goodyear dealer back when i used to run those, and even he couldn't give me enough discount to beat the tirerack prices.
I got online there (www.tirerack.com) and printed out a price quote, took to the local America's Tire Stores and they beat it! I paid $130 a piece---------Hans

Back