• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW-4 with 203/205

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
I'm going to be goign to a 203/205 this winter with the AW-4 and was wondering about the speed sensor on teh 231. Doesn't it give the transmision input on when to shift? If so does anyone know of a way to put a speed sensor on the 205?

The NP205 has a speedo gear/cable output much like the NP231, the sender may even be interchangeable.

I gotta ask though, why that particular combo? Seems like a ton of weight and a lot of space just to get 4:1.

205 was free, 203 was $40, doubler was $650 with a billet shaft. So for $700 I get 4:1 low, 2wd low, 2wd 4:1, & front digs. The atlas & Klune v is double that. It's bullit proof! If I ever go to a 302 v-8 I'll have the t-case all worked out and have what I need to hold up to whatever I put in front of it. Finally JB conversions has a 3:1 low kit for the chevy 205 and a Ford version is only a matter of time. So why not go with it?

Back