• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Confused about engine codes

BADaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
my check engine light has been on for a while and in the past, it's been tripped every so often by my o2 sensor but it usually goes off some time.... it has stayed on so i checked the codes- 12 21 47 21:rtft: first of all, when i was reading what the codes meant, there was a thing that said codes NEVER show up twice, so whats up with the 21? does the number mean more than one thing and both have tripped? also, the 47 is low battery/ low alternator output but voltage and everything seems fine except i did just replace my water pump and belt. the new belt is a gator back and it doesn't squeel so i can't tell if it's slipping anywhere, at leat the p.s. a/c and alt seem ok:confused: so my belt may be too loose but i don't want to overtighten it, i think thats what killed my water pump bearings. after my pump descintigrated and my belt was eaten by the fan, i let it cool and drove it home about 1,000 ft. so after about 4 or 5 days of driving, could it just now be throwing the alternator code from when i ran with now belt, or is it surely recent?

Back