• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

window help

smokeeaterXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
I had my window broken a lil while ago and I found one in a junk yard but the guy wants to charge me alot more because he wants to take it out. I would take it out myself but I wanted to know if that rear driv2er side window just pops out or what? I dont want to break it and have him charge me for it.

if you are talking about the cargo area window, just push it out from the inside.

They aren't too bad to put in, just take your time and work the rubber lip into place, some people suggest using a 1/4" rope, I have never had to use one.

smokeeaterXJ said:
yeah thats the one! So just pushing it out works? And putting it in is just as easy right?

Almost. You'll need to remove the plastic trim around it on the interior and junk car. simply help lift the "lip" of the rubber seal from the inside as you push out from the inside. Have a buddy along to play catch.

Installing, soap up the rubber channel and place clothesline in the rubber groove. Buddy holds glass against frame while you pull the lip in over the metal window flange with the rope.

Once you start poking around, it'll all make sense.

The rope trick is pretty easy, as Nevada describes it. If the rubber gasket on your own broken window is good enough to reuse, the easiest and safest way to get the window out of the donor vehicle is to cut the flange off its gasket with a utility knife. You only need one gasket.

Back