• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rim Size and Backspacing

95XJMichigan

NAXJA Forum User
I have spent alot of time searching and havent found exactly what i'm looking for. I am about to order a set of wheels and tires in the next couple days. 31.50s on rock crawlers. I have 3 in of lift and currently run 31's on stock rims with no rubbing. Shound i buy a 15x7 or 15x8 and what backspacing is best with out trimming. Will eventually make my way up to 33's but not for a while. Prob atleast 1 year more at 31's. Sorry for another backspacing question just getting frustrated and want to get it right the first time.
Thanks in advance

95XJMichigan said:
I have spent alot of time searching and havent found exactly what i'm looking for. I am about to order a set of wheels and tires in the next couple days. 31.50s on rock crawlers. I have 3 in of lift and currently run 31's on stock rims with no rubbing. Shound i buy a 15x7 or 15x8 and what backspacing is best with out trimming. Will eventually make my way up to 33's but not for a while. Prob atleast 1 year more at 31's. Sorry for another backspacing question just getting frustrated and want to get it right the first time.
Thanks in advance

I would go 15x8 with 4" BS then you can run 33's on them as well. For 33's you will have to trim no matter what BS you run unless you have 6" of lift.

4.5" will almost keep a 12.50 wide tire under the flares keeping it legal. The shallower 3.75" pushes the overall width out another 1.50" over a 4.50" BS wheel. Something to consider.

I vote for the 4.50". I'm running 33's, 6.5" of lift and stock flares with minimal LCA rubbing. The wells are trimmed quite a bit.

If your looking for 4" backspacing, look at cragar wheels

Back