• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ORF bumper and Hydraulic winch

goodburbon

NAXJA Forum User
ORF bumper+ Milemarker 10500# 2speed winch = NO

again very improtant NOTE:

Milemarker Hyd winch does not fit in ORF bumper!

The motor is too long.

I am so depressed now. They sent the wrong directions (recieved directions for an 07 wrangler) with the bumper so I got to figure the puzzle out and it is actually a 6 piece bumper not 3 as has been previously stated by others. The bumper does reinforce the frame outside the steering box which is good, but the winch cradle is held in place by 4 small bolts and 2 larger ones which I am not too crazy about.

On a positive note; If you forget to tighten the bolts holding on your steering box, it cures death wobble. The steering, however becomes a little vague.

I may end up taking a torch to it and offsetting the winch mounting holes about an inch, or I may call up the company that sold it and mention that they should not sell the 2 together as though they would fit.

You also will not be able to fit a WARN XD series or equivalent because the winch mounts diagonally in the cradle.

When I installed a MM hydro in my C4x4 I had to notch one side just a little, to make it fit. don't know if that will help in your case or not.

Back