• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another vibration...

Yes, I searched!

I have a 2000 Sport, 4.5 RE lift, Tera SYE, Tera Adj. control arms, rebuilt and balanced drive shafts, rebuilt axle shafts, 4* shims in rear(just installed) and am still getting vibs. They start around 35 mph and get worse the faster I go. Oh and I just rebalanced the tires. I just spent 2 hours searching and did not see anything that I havent already done. I'm pretty frustrated at this point!

Any ideas?:repair:

Thin side to the front would make driveline angles better. Good luck.

remove your front driveshaft and go for a ride. Sometimes they slip joint in a stock front shaft gets old and loose, and lifting it causes the slip joint to have minimal spline engagement.. so you get vibe.

Try it and report back. About half the time thats where they are really coming from.

-C

You need to measure and get the actual angles!

I had a similar issue with mine. 99 xj 3 in lift. 31 x10.5
I bought the truck with vibes.
Installed Transfer Case drop kit - still vibes
Installed tom woods SYE - minor vibes only at 65mph
Have you installed any of the previous mentioned?

just pulling some things out of my @$$ here so take with a grain of salt. is it possible something else that is rotating other than the tire/wheel may be out of balance? possibly a bent axleshaft or housing?

i know its not the recomendations you wanted to hear.

Back