• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cruise Control Surge

Desert Mike

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched and searched and still haven't found a post with a problem similar to mine. My y2k has cruise and it does work, but it doesn't work smoothly. What I mean is that no matter what speed it is engaged at, it will hold that speed, but with an annoying, slight surgeing. At first I thought a vacume leak but I chased down all the lines and tested them and they seem to be fine. Then I thought a stretched cable, but made the necessary adjustment with no success. Anyone else experienced this? Whats the fix?

The part itself might be corroded. When i got my 95 I dont think the cruise control was used for a long time and the first time I used it i was doing 70 on the highway and it sucked the pedal out from under my foot and floored it and then let off it entirely and never could position itself where I wanted it. I took the stupid thing out and cleaned it up and put it back in. Never had a problem sense. I dont know if that is your problem mine was in really poor shape that is all.

Back