• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

P0107 Erratic Idle Bucking at Speed P1296

moparhorizon

NAXJA Forum User
I am getting P0107 & P1296 codes shortly after cranking my 1998 XJ Limited w/ 242. I've replaced the MAP sensor ( P0107 Low Voltage on the map & P1296 no voltage detected). I changed the brushes in the alternator - the voltage was a little low, and I had 180,000 miles. It now has 13.7 volts at idle using a multimeter.

I checked the vacuum lines but no leaks were detected. Would low vacuum give me low voltage from the map?

Does the CEL illuminate when the voltage from the MAP is Low or if there is low voltage going to the map?

What am I overlooking? Even if I physically checked the voltage on the wires at the map, What would I learn? Would it tell me where the problem is originating?

Please Hep!

I've noticed that few list the codes from the computer, generally speaking does the Check Engine Light (CEL) not come on with map sensor issues???

Did you disconnect the battery after replacing the parts? If not you'll need to to erase the codes, and reset the light. It will however go away in time if you didn't erase them, and there is no fault anymore. Something else I would check is the plugs on the components, and the ground straps on the motor.

Back