• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loud Tickin on 95 XJ

Get out the long screwdriver or broom handle stethoscope and see if you can track it down a bit. Might be a sticky lifter or maybe the common problem of the flexplate bolts backing out.

Also pay attention to the injectors.My injectors make a lot of noise and had me fooled into thinking I had a valvetrain problem.

That doesn't explain why it only does it when it's warm.

ive checked the flexplate and its fine, the exhaust header is less than a year old and is fine, im leavin for 2 weeks and when i get back its gettin fresh oil again and some marvel mystery oil, and if that dont fix it the motor is comin out

robz95xj said:
ive checked the flexplate and its fine, the exhaust header is less than a year old and is fine, im leavin for 2 weeks and when i get back its gettin fresh oil again and some marvel mystery oil, and if that dont fix it the motor is comin out
Lucas oil additive may work a little better than Marvel Mystery Oil.

Mine was making horrible clacking noises too (230,000 miles on it) and I dumped in a can of Restore. Noise disappeared in less than 50 miles.

Back