• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good source underhood for switched 12v??

1996cc

NAXJA Forum User
I need an ignition switched 12v source for my pressure switch. Before I spend hours tracking one down with a light tester, does anyone know of a good spot to tap into in the engine compartment. (They're easy to find in the fuse panel, but I don't want to go clear inside the jeep)

Yes I know I can run straight from the battery, but with the switch I have, it will send 12v to the compressor (saden) if pressure is below 90. So if the pressure drops while the engine is off (from cold temps, etc...), it drains my battery - overnight.

Thanks.

run a wire from the battery to a on/off toggle switch in your dash, and from the toggle switch to the pressure switch. then from the pressure switch to the compressor.

that's how i wired mine up. that way way i still have final control over whether or not it turns on or not.

Not that I know which wires to look for, but Im sure some of the relays under the hood are simply switched on with the ignition, Id look there for a wire to splice into.
-Jerry

Just an update to help those searching in the future. There is a two wire plug coming off the alternator. The yellow wire is switched with the ignition. I hooked up the compressor there and everything works great.

Back