• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick D.W. question?

Cornflake

NAXJA Forum User
Put on a 4.5 inch lift a few weeks ago, XJ drove pretty sweet for awhile. Went and played in the mud over Thanksgiving weekend and since then at 30 m.p.h. I reportedly started getting the old D.W. The ball and chain drives this beast as a daily driver and was telling me that is was happening and until tonight I couldn't reproduce the situation to get it really going so I truly thought that since she turned 27 she might be going down hill, mentally :) Long story short, finally got it to do it for me tonight and what a ride. Never had that happen before. So I took it home and started wrenching on every bolt I replaced in the lift and when I got to the Trac-Bar, it was loose enough for me at the frame end to turn a few times to tighten the bolt. I took it out for a spin and couldn't get it to wobble again but I couldn't before tonight anyhow. Could the Trac-Bar being just barely loose cause so much trouble?

although some other culprits, in case that doesnt work:

alignment (if you didnt have one done, get it done, thats the problem)
u joints on Dshafts and ujoints on axles shafts (check for slop)

if all else fails, get your tires checked to see if they are out of balance...

I work for Discount Tire and you would be suprised with the number of people coming in complaining about us not balancing their tires right when all it really is...is their lack of ability to see pounds of dried dirt caked on the insides of their wheels causing whatever balancing was done to be worthless :twak: :rolleyes:

Back