• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Highbeams stuck

xylonjay

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I am not sure where to begin troubleshooting, but my problem is this: I cant click my highbeams down to lowbeam. The turn signal switch isnt loose or sloppy, and you can hear the "click" when you pull the lever, but the highbeams will not turn down. Should I replace the headlight switch under the dash, or the turn signal switch on the steering column? Thanks!

What year?

The older XJs the H/L beam switch is mounted on top of the column down near the firewall and is pushed by a rod. The rod may have gotten out of place or the switch could be having problems.

The model year will really help as mentioned above. Reason I ask is have you recently added an aftermarket headlight harness and lighting upgrade? If so, I think I may know why you can't downshift into low beams. But this only affects late models XJ's with factory fog lights....

It is a 1994 Cherokee Sport. I really appreciate the help. One other thing. The guy I bought it from had replaced the module underneath the dash. And that didnt fixit.

Back