• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 XJ fuel reg leak

andyr354

NAXJA Forum User
I searched and found lots of discussion on renix systems, but not much on the 91-9? style.

This morning it was 4 degrees out and fuel was leaking from behind my FP regulator on the front of the fuel rail. Local auto parts store shows the entire regulator available for $80 but does not say what is behind it for a seal. I assume it is a replaceable o-ring? It must be experiencing some shrinkage due to the cold air and fuel.

Don't want to start a fire, need to get it fixed. Thing drips right on the header when not moving.

Would be great to start a thread in the new FAQ section with a list of common part numbers.
Andy

Last edited:
Mine used a blcack fuel injector o-ring- no more leaky leaky

The fuel presssure regulator has an "O" ring seal on one side and the quick disconnect seal on the other where the fuel enters. A set of fuel injector "O" rings includes the 13th "O" ring for the FPR. If it's the QDX, or "fuel line reapir kit", dealer has it for $12-20, or online at Crown for $12. 4.0 Liter has three QDX, but seems like the one at the FPR fails first.

I had the same problem and it was not just the o ring, but the fuel regulator had a small hole in it. If yours is liek mine it dumps fuel on my Borla headers. Replace them both if you are in any doubt. A fire under your hood will cost you a lot more in the long run.

An R-15 o-ring from my assortment fixed it.

You don't have to remove a fuel line on this year to pull the regulator. Fuel enters on a fitting on the other side of the rail away from the regulator. I decided I wasn't going to drive it until it was fixed so I just pulled it when I got home from work, even though it was only 8 degrees outside.

There are two 0-rings on the regulator. The larger R-15 I put around the larger outer seal surface. There is also a smaller one around the tip that seats inside the rail on another surface. I didn't mess with that one since I was in a hurry buy may take a look at it on a warmer day. If the inner one leaks it will let extra fuel past the regulator into the rail is all.

Andy

Back