• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Cage tread

CamoXJeep

NAXJA Forum User
I know I searched already but didnt find what I was looking for. Looking at putting a cage in the XJ 96 4door. Was looking at c&c but couldnt tell if they were prenotched or not. For $425 plus shipping it might not be too bad but dont know about the Hrew. I read a while ago here about someone getting a ready to weld in cage but when he got it it wasnt notched at all. They someone else bought one and it was notched but didnt get the name or price. Who all sells ready to weld in kits (prenotched)?
Also was talking to a coworker who races cars and his buddy has bender and all the DOM, he would cut, bend and weld everything in probably around $500 depending on what I wanted. So basically just trying to come up with a plan and prices. Next thing to do is figure out what I want the cage to look like.

Personally those cages just don't look strong enough. They look nice, but I'm not 110% sure that when the SHTF they would really pass the test. And lets face it, failing the test could get either myself or my passenger seriously hurt. I've never seen a kit cage that I would feel comfortable counting on when the chips where down.

If your buddy has the skills and equipment have him build you a custom cage, and don't scrimp on any piece of it. It's not an XJ, but if KarlVP could post some pics of the awesome cage he just finished for his TJ you could see what you’re shooting for. I intend on coping his cage liberally when it comes time to build mine.

See, now that's what I'm talking about, nice work 85cherokeechief! Look at the amount of protection around the driver, expecially the suport both behind the seat and in front.

I think that the D&C cage is a good starting point for someone looking to start somewhere. Adding on to it wouldn't be a problem. It would be a decient cage for a flop, but a good roll, It would need beefed up. My .02.

any other companies out there? D&C said there kit is $75 off right now plus $155 shipped to my door. So $505 shipped wouldnt be too bad for a starting point

add $240 for DOM for the D&C kit...personally EOR looks like a better deal...i'm in the market for a cage myself, yet i have the other option of going in the garage and breaking out the PT 105 hydro setup...

Back