• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holiday get-together...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
What happened to this idea? I don't remember what the final verdict was, but as we're moving into December, my schedule is starting to fill up with obligations. I think this is a great idea and I'd love to see it happen, so....

Michael: Still willing to host something? Or, more realistically, is Dawn willing to host something? ;)

Phil: Any new progress on your banquet idea? Dates? Locations?

santajeep.jpg

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
What happened to this idea? I don't remember what the final verdict was, but as we're moving into December, my schedule is starting to fill up with obligations. I think this is a great idea and I'd love to see it happen, so....

Michael: Still willing to host something? Or, more realistically, is Dawn willing to host something? ;)

Phil: Any new progress on your banquet idea? Dates? Locations?

santajeep.jpg

-----Matt-----

I am still more than happy (and so is Dawn) to host a get together.
I cancelled it because Phil and Mark are working on a similar event and I did not want to have multiple of these (more events = less people think it is worth going to = less people at them = less enjoyable for the group).

I am hoping (nudge nudge) that we would at least have a "save the date" posted soon so that we can all plan on a particular date. Price and location can be provided later, but I am kind of waiting on this date to plan several other trips (formal snow run, hypothermia run, other personal and business trips).

Still willing to support/help with what ever I can.
Michael

2xtreme said:
I am hoping (nudge nudge) that we would at least have a "save the date" posted soon so that we can all plan on a particular date.
That was kinda the impetus for the thread. I know my calender is filling up already, so I can only imagine what it's like for you guys with big families/kids etc.

-----Matt-----

Avanteone said:
Yes. The end of the year is 3 weeks away. Some of us have families and other committments and stuff has to be planned ahead. A save-the-date would help out.

J

Yeah, we're kinda buggered on the timing. Unfortunately with the timing we haven't been able to just 'pick' a date and get it out. Have one alternative that I'm waiting to hear back on for a host. Sure as hell won't be someplace where there'll be a reservation. Snuck in and opened my big mouth without having time to get it going. :badpc:

Color me 'owned'. :dunce:

Dawn and I would be more than happy to host this get together!!

We are not as central as would be best but we are willing to have it hear.

A Saturday afternoon/evening would work best due to traffic/work/travel etc. I can make either the 6th the 20th or the 27th work fine (do we want to have a vote on the date?).

I would recommend that we do this as a "pot luck". where everybody brings something to share.

Anything else?
Thoughts?
Concerns?

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back