• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my guess is that no one will really care...

trainwrexj

NAXJA Forum User
...but here are some pix of the jeep i used to own - and myself - the last time i went "wheeling" up close to moonrocks.

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

i have a couple more if anyone is even slightly interested.

we didn't make it up to the rocks due to snow, by the way. i think these were taken late may 2006.

yeah, pvc snorkel. worst waste of time, effort, and sheetmetal ever.

i built that fugly bumper all by my lonesome, and hid the solenoid box behind the grille. these pics were taken before the finish welding/grinding/painting was done. 1/4" frame attachments, doubled as steering box brace - 3/8" flat plate to hold warn 9k winch - skinned with a mixture of 3/16" and 1/8" and braced internally with 1/4" - 1" shackle mounts tied into frame attachments.

the jeep was only sorta tough, there were many many things i wish i had done differently.

PDeeXJ said:
Just noticed the lone hood grille. Looks kinda funny.

Makes sense though. Guys running the vent over the throttle body have trouble with the TPS crapping out on them due to rainwater coming in.

i don't have any pix with the snorkel... it made its way into the dumpster almost as quickly as it arrived! for a while, i had a cheap trucker mirror over the hole that worked pretty well when the doors were off, but that got pretty beat up so i took it off. i put the hood vent on that side and ran the intake across the top of the engine so that it was pulling a little bit cooler air from the side of the engine opposite the exhaust manifold. probably made absolutely no difference, but whatevs.

6.5" hybrid lift - RE control arms, rusty's rear leaves, rusty's coils, DT shocks (garbage!).

33x12.50R15 les schwab mud terrains. these tires work really well for being priced so reasonably. excellent on-road handling when balanced, sh!tty when not balanced - like any tire i imagine...

4.56 gears, lock-rite in the front.

warn 9k winch, obviously

rockrails i bought from some dude whose friend made them, almost identical to JCR offroad

custom roof rack. it fell off once. weird story.

homebrew oba w/5 gallon tank

no muffler, punched out cat. sounded like a damn tractor.

5% tint on back 5 windows
15% on front windows - not the windshield duh

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

this is from another cheesy trip
stuck1.jpg

i flexed up on a tractor of some sort late one night
tractor.jpg

i had 35" mtr's for a quick minute... junk!
retardo.jpg

i drove over a log with those 35's on just because i could.
log.jpg

later that afternoon, i climbed the tire on my friend's toyota project, which is incidentally still in the same condition as seen in this photo.
yoaty.jpg

this was taken as i was figuring exactly how tight i could fit the winch in there underneath the grille. i was very satisfied with the end result.
winch1.jpg

Walter!

Great to see you are still around. Haven't seen you in a while. Front bumper looks nice. Very functional which is the most important.

hi hans!

well, to make it clear, i'm not really "around" per se - i moved back to northern CA where i am pursuing a bachelors of nursing degree. pursuing as in trying to get into a program. i finished my prereq's in yakima this last spring, and just couldn't stand to be away from my family and girlfriend down here, so here i am.

i want another jeep very badly, but i think it'll probably be a YJ this next time around. i promised my girl i wouldn't get one until i finish college though, so hopefully that day comes sooner than later.

all of that being said, i miss the pacific nw terribly.

Back