• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New RK high clearance long arms

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
I'm planning on getting a set of their new long arms, seems like a good comparison for tnt bent arms now. I know rock krawler has prided themselves on a smooth ride but how will the bend in the control arm affect high speed ride quality?

2" diameter solid stock most likely will be difficult to bend. No belly pan like the tnt kit but I've already got skids.

I know its too soon to ask but does anyone have this new kit yet? I am anxious to find out if it will be worth it.

Btw my junks got too much lift and 36s. I was running drop brackets and re contol arms prior to this. It performed well but I don't think drop brackets are really compliant with rock crawling. I was waiting for that lca mount to explode off the frame. It performed quite well though.

I wonder if these arms are going to be sold at regular price of the upgrade or if it will be an option...

Thanks for the link, I just realized you gotta look at the whole kit.

I heard that the price for the upgrade is supposed to go up. The bent arms are the new design. I'm pretty sure it will be the only option.

Peace

Yep they only ship kits w/ the bent arms now.. AND yes prices are going to go up after the first of the year I've heard.

I just purchased the kit and plan to install it next week so i'll get some pictures up ASAP...

AFTER doing some thinking about the kit and looking at stresses I highly recommend a beefy trackbar and mount and probably some stiff shocks...

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
seems like a good comparison for tnt bent arms now.

nope.

the TnT arms are bent UP and mounted higher, the RK arms are bent IN simply to allow tire turning clearance. the RK kit still has much worse clearance than the TnT.

also, I think going to a bushing on one end was a bad idea. in a 3 link there is no bind and therefore no need for bushings. the change is only a (minor) benefit for road-feel.

i have the new system installed right now. i wasnt sure what was with the bend if it was for high clearance or make a smoother ride or what so i just installed the bend upwards(high clearance) because it doesnt say what to do in the instructions.
i went wheelin with this new kit and got some pretty good flex out of it. except i need to get longer shocks because they are limiting it a lot. ill try to get some pics in a minute.

xj.jpg

you can kinda see the bend in the arms...
xj2.jpg

i lied i didnt really install them to be "high clearance" they are kinda sideways... oops ohh well
its sittin on the side yard waitin for rustys otk steering system because the old rustys steering i have is shot along with the track bar that sheered in half(rough country crap)

Last edited:
Shomsky462 said:
i have the new system installed right now. i wasnt sure what was with the bend if it was for high clearance or make a smoother ride or what so i just installed the bend upwards(high clearance) because it doesnt say what to do in the instructions.
i went wheelin with this new kit and got some pretty good flex out of it. except i need to get longer shocks because they are limiting it a lot. ill try to get some pics in a minute.

you better make sure it doesn't contact the frame rails on compression...

Shomsky462 said:

hey do you think you could post up some closer pics of what the arms look like installed? Thanks

Man if they arnt bent up like tnt then what's the point.....well more tunring radius but I want clearance! What a load.

Now people who were in limbo between the two are going to be swayed toward the rock crawler beacuse of this new "high clearance" crap are going to in for a big suprise.

Man I guess I have to save up for tnt now. Damn radius arms.

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
Man if they arnt bent up like tnt then what's the point.....well more tunring radius but I want clearance! What a load.

Now people who were in limbo between the two are going to be swayed toward the rock crawler beacuse of this new "high clearance" crap are going to in for a big suprise.

Man I guess I have to save up for tnt now. Damn radius arms.

I think he may have just installed them wrong, I'm sure they are probably for high clearance, not just turning radius clearance.

Back