• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E-Brake Cables

Root Moose

NAXJA Forum User
Starting to get back onto the never ending project again...

I'm looking for a longish e-brake cable that has a return spring built into it at the brake end of the cable.

Has anyone seen something like this. Spidey-sense says I've seen this somewhere but I can't remember the make/manufacturer. YJ is not like this, right?

TIA

Just get two sets of passanger side e-brake cables and move the mount back a few inches. Works great and its pretty cheap.

53guy said:
Just get two sets of passanger side e-brake cables and move the mount back a few inches. Works great and its pretty cheap.

Unfortunately the combination of parts on my custom axle requires a different return spring setup for the e-brake. AFAIK the stock style stuff doesn't have a return spring built into it so it won't work.

Now that said, the only e-brake cables I've casually looked at have been cut off junk yard axles (incomplete) . If I'm wrong on the return spring thing let me know. :)

Well why don't you tell us more about your special combination of parts on your custom axle instead of making us guess whatcha got?
rolleye.gif

Yucca-Man said:
Well why don't you tell us more about your special combination of parts on your custom axle instead of making us guess whatcha got?
rolleye.gif

Is rolling your eyes at me really necessary? :)

Suzuki Sidekick front calipers and vented rotor with Wilwood spot caliper used as e-brake. The spot caliper is lever operated and does not have a return mechanism built into it.

TIA

ZJ cables look like they may work:

869%20E%20BRAKE.jpg

Anyone know what ZJ people use for longer cables? :)

Back