• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Moabs on a stock XJ

wilsel

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched but can't find a straight answer.

Will they fit without a lift? From what I read they will rub, but will they rub during everyday onroad driving, or just off road?

Straight answer: the will rub but just trim some out and your be ok. the M/ts are slimmer than other 31s so it shouldnt rub the controls arms much just the fender so trim the fender and yes they will work fine

TheBlackSheep said:
Straight answer: the will rub but just trim some out and your be ok. the M/ts are slimmer than other 31s so it shouldnt rub the controls arms much just the fender so trim the fender and yes they will work fine

I don't mind a little rub if I'm making sharp turns, but I don't want it to rub going over every bump in the road. I'd prefer not to trim my fenders if I can avoid it. How bad will it be?

pretty bad in the front and depending on if your back is saggy bad in the back. I have 2in BB and 31s and it still rubbs going off roading. The 245 is not a true 31 its more like 30.4 so you might be able to get by but you will rubb if you dont trim like and inch off. i mean you can always do that and then relocate your flares higher and u should only have to tdo that in the front.

hawk_sixsix said:
How about 29" tires on Moabs, with a totally stock suspension setup? Is the rubbing due more to tire height or tire width?

Height, most likely. My XJ came with 16" rims (same as Moabs), but IIRC it had 215/70 R16s stock, not the 245/75 R16s on the Moabs. There's about 2.5" difference in diameter between the two.

Back