• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Rag Doors

Newbie94XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to replace the doors on my 94 Sport XJ. Problem is I can't find any Rag Doors, and I am worried about the safety of them. The Doors are falling off the hinges because the person I bought it from COMPLETELY ignored the fact that the hinges were warped and rusted to hell and back. Are Rag Doors a good idea?? If so where good I get some?? Please help me!!!! I need working doors.. :(

Jess said:
I have never seen rag doors...how bout tube doors?

You might.........

soon. :D

hulk has a set for his jeep so a search

You can find an awesome set of soft doors for one of these:

2006.jeep.wrangler.jpg

Maybe you should try that.

Newbie94XJ said:
yeah that'd be cool IF I HAD A CJ......................................

too bad its not a cj, lol, that was about 20 years ago
judgin by the round headlights, say its a TJ

CommandoXJ96 said:
judgin by the round headlights its at least not a YJ... CJs were all round as well.

that is in no way comparable to anything other than a TJ. yes, cj's lights were round as well, but come on...
it may also be compared to an extended cab, but thats it, the new models have one piece fender flares.

A while back...

someone at POR made a set of canvas skinned doors with zipout windows with what appeared to be a metal frame...

unfortunately...

I can't seem to search over there anymore...

get some donor doors, and soft half doors for a tj i belive maybe a YJ. Anyways i saw a thread where they gutted the xj door, you leave the base hasp area and upper recess for the stock glass. You simply cut out the space for the tj/yj door and it looks half decent, saves allot of fab work and if done well should be pretty weather tight.

Sorry dont have book mark at the moment i know i saved it though.

i think i know the ones you mean... if you could get some good canvas or thick vynyl you could make some snap on ones, i dont know if anyone makes them for XJ's but all youd need is some screw on snaps, materail youd like, a sweing machine and clear plastic. youre meaning the soft doors im assuming...

Back