• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gearing experiences

LilRhodyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody running 34" TruXus/LTB/or TSLs with 4.56s? I'd like to try some Truxus in this flavor and I'm trying to decide on gearing...
Just wondering how that is on road. I know 33s and 4.56 is a good combo and 4.88 is a good combo with 35s but I don't know if 4.88s are feasable for me. I need to be able to go atleast 70-75 on the highway...I usually cruise around 60-65 on my way to school just trying to get a feel for how that will be different with 4.56s and 33s/34s.

So I guess my questions are...
What will driving be like with 4.56s and 33s?
What would it be like with 4.88s and 33s?
If anyones running 34s and 4.56 how does that perform?
Im running 31s and 3.55s right now and if 34s and 4.56s are even slightly better I would be able to deal

BTW stock specs are 2000, 4.0, AW4, NP231
I've asked gearing questions before but for some reason I'm really paranoid about not being able to sustain high miles an hour... gas mileage doesn't particularly bother me as long as its atleast aroudn 12 anything lower then that and I might as well be driving a Ford Excursion

Thanks for the help
Andrew

Remember if you have the 8.25 you can't go with 4.88...

No biggy 98Xj

Oh and another question is are Alloy USA gears good? Rustys has them for $145 for 4.56 or 4.88 for the Dana 44 but Jeepin Outfitters has them for $199?? Whats the deal?

Andrew

most of the gear companies offer two different lines... a cheap one and a good one.... I would think Rusty's is going to sell the crap ones since they don't seem to be concerned about quality with anything... and jeepinoutfitter is probably going to be selling the premium brand.... if you search I remember seeing a post about this somewhere and they told you were to get good gears for a good price.

Back