• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to do, what to do.......

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
Ok heres my problem...I need new tires really bad so I bought some 31's off of a friend for pretty cheap...I have a 99 XJ thats sitting stock for now...I am trying to decide if I should put on a budget boost and squeeze the 31's in there or I should wait till I can afford a 3.5" RE, gears, and an SYE....My thought is that if I put the 31's on now my Mileage will suffer. I drive a lot to work and back so I dont want that....What would you guys do, what do you think about the gear/mileage issue??? Oh and I have a 5 speed so 3.07 gears...Thanks

Mike

my cherokee sits about 2.5" and i have 31s on my 99. I think it rubs on the control arm a little with the stock tires but havent really got down and check it out. I also didnt notice much of a change in gas mileage and you dont need to regear, however i have an automatic so im not sure if it is different for you manual guys. I say slap a BB, bumpstop, and go for it.

Auto has 3.55's I believe so I dunno how much of a difference it will make....

Back