• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cherokee needs rear leafs

mvella

NAXJA Forum User
whats up you guys. ok so my jeep is an 89 cherokee with a 4" ish lift i have blocks and add-a-leafs but from me actully using the jeep my leafs decided to not want to smile like they used to.(the angle i mean not literally) so i need new leafs but i dont know what to get. i want a 4" or 4.5" lift leafs but which kind is good. and if i get that hight do i need to throw on a slip yoke eliminator kit also(i have a NV242). please help me and if you have pix of your ride with 4" or 4.5" with rolled fenders put them up. because that will also hep me see how much mine is really lifted. thanks guys.

ok what you need to do is a bastard pack get s10,blazer, or mj springs almost any spring under you can get the springs for cheap and merge them with the stock spring and ditch the blocks and thats 4.5-5 inchs there u go hope that helped ( theres and awesome writeup on this search and ull find it)

i put rubicon express' leaf pack on mine--I like the ride, they carry a good sized load with out sagging, and aren't very spendy, either. I'm driving a 91 with the 242, rolling 31's. I'm very happy, now I'm thinking about new coils..

It sounds like you want Rubicon Express 3.5" leafs with a Rubicon Express 1.25" shackle, which totals ~4.25" of lift. (I know the math doesnt add up, trust me though).

This is loaded kinda heavy, but its 32x11.5's on 4.5" of lift with stock flares. It normally sat about 1" taller in the rear.

741827126203_0_bg.jpg

For reference, here is a level pic of mine when it had 4.5" and 33" Firestones. The fenders are trimmed and the flares are relocated higher. (now at 6", no flares and many more dents...lol)
9-9-05.jpg

Back