• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Decision

almondjoy137

NAXJA Forum User
hey I just need some help deciding which lift to get...im on a budget and dont kno which would be better. Ive been looking at the 3.5" RE super flex kit with new rear leafs and i think i can get it for around $600 with shocks but thats used on ebay so i dont know. Ive seen a couple of rigs with this...black diamond 3"...

http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1581

which is only $400 with shocks...and then I saw the rough country 4.5" for $500 with shocks..but it doesnt look like many people recommend rough country as ive seen through some other posts...so if anyone has any input that would be great. thanks :)

almondjoy137 said:
hey I just need some help deciding which lift to get...im on a budget and dont kno which would be better. Ive been looking at the 3.5" RE super flex kit with new rear leafs and i think i can get it for around $600 with shocks but thats used on ebay so i dont know. Ive seen a couple of rigs with this...black diamond 3"...

http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1581

which is only $400 with shocks...and then I saw the rough country 4.5" for $500 with shocks..but it doesnt look like many people recommend rough country as ive seen through some other posts...so if anyone has any input that would be great. thanks :)

Hmm that black diamond doesnt look too bad except it has AAL's, even though they're long ones, they'll still suck. If you do end up getting it, dont use the AAL, get some really cheap s-10 leafs and just use 2 leafs or so from it, it'll still gain you the same lift, just wont sag, and better flex.(long AAL's wont flex worth crap)

10 Steps to a good lift if you are on a budget.

Step 1.
Save your money.

Step 2.
Be patient.

Step 3.
Be patient.

Step 4.
While you are saving your money, splurdge (is that even a word? Did I spell it right? I dont think so) and get a NAXJA membership.

Step 5.
While you are saving your $, read up on all the info that is provided for you here on this wonderful member supported website and jeep club.

Step 6.
After you are done reading about, and asking questions about lifts and such. Begin the purchase process, providing you have saved enough money.

Step 7.
Ask for help on the install, guys here are almost always willing to assist you in the physical install on the lift ( I am in Utah, sorry I cant physically help from here).

Step 8.
Take pics of the new lift and post them here.

Step 9.
Have fun wheeling your junk.

Step 10.
Thank me for the wonderful advice I have just given you.

almondjoy137 said:
so the rough country with the AAL's is crap?

Im not sure about RC seeing as I've never dealt with one, but pretty much anything with AAL's is ghey, especially the long ones.
They give such a crappy ride because, to lift a jeep with one leaf means it has to be thicker and stiffer which=no flex, crappy ride, sag within a year and a half.

Back