• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Solonoid needed

techno1154

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
A couple of months ago someone posted the availability of continously energised solonoid and for nothing can I locate that thread. I think it was in a thread relating to cooling fans. Could someone point me in the right direction? TIA

techno1154 said:
A couple of months ago someone posted the availability of continously energised solonoid and for nothing can I locate that thread. I think it was in a thread relating to cooling fans. Could someone point me in the right direction? TIA

That would be more like a "constant duty" solenoid - or one that won't overheat and fail when used with a duty cycle above 85%. I tend to use them as battery isolators - they're available in ratings of 100A and higher.

You may be looking for a relay - what are you trying to do?

5-90

5-90 said:
That would be more like a "constant duty" solenoid - or one that won't overheat and fail when used with a duty cycle above 85%. I tend to use them as battery isolators - they're available in ratings of 100A and higher.

You may be looking for a relay - what are you trying to do?

5-90

You are on the ball 5-90. I want it to connect my dual battery setup.

techno1154 said:
You are on the ball 5-90. I want it to connect my dual battery setup.

Oh. Check Allied Electronics (mail-order, may have a local branch) or check with a Heavy-Duty Truck parts house, if you have one locally - they're used all the time for hydraulic motors on dump trucks and lift trucks.

5-90

Thanks for the tip. I will begin my search tomorrow.

Back