• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zacatal roof rack

2000xj4x4

NAXJA Forum User
Is ebay the only place to buy the zacatal roof rack? i saw a couple of them on their the other day and now i cant find any. It seems like a pretty good deal for a rack with gutter mounts. if i could just find one for sale..............

i was looking at the same rack. as far as i know thats the only place to find them im looking at one out of all my christmas money so i hope there still for sale then

Do a search. I know they have been discussed on here before.

2000xj4x4 said:
Is ebay the only place to buy the zacatal roof rack? i saw a couple of them on their the other day and now i cant find any. It seems like a pretty good deal for a rack with gutter mounts. if i could just find one for sale..............

Search ebay for item number 260072597011

and 260072597096

Hope this helps

I'm pretty happy with mine to be honest. I can stand on the darn thing when its already got my spare on it (70lb spare+ me@190lbs) and it doesnt begin to even flex. I don't know much about what the best weld in the world looks like; and maybe these don't have em, but it does do the job.

heres a couple of picts of mine make your own descisions
2005_0208Image0010.jpg

2005_0208Image0009.jpg

2005_0208Image0003.jpg

2005_0208Image0002.jpg

Conduit I thought is galvanize ? If so how do you weld it...

i bought mine on thursday off of ebay like it says above... i emailed the guy to tell him how i wanted the lights (straight or v)...and asked if he could send me gutter mounts for it...i have yet to hear anything from him...im kinda getting pissed off... i thought that i would have heard something by now...this product better work!!!

F9K9 said:
I don't have a dog in this fight but, the Zacatal rack that my wife bought me for Christmas was a POS. Perhaps the earlier ones were better but, mine was not made well at all. To compound the proplems with mine is the fact that the seller "Juis" must not be able to speak english. I asked a question before I had my wife order it but it, and whoever answered my question wanted to know a source of racks fo a GM 2500HD. I researched out my butt, and replied with what I had come up with. I never heard a word from him, afterwards. The rack came in and it was disappointing. My wife and I wrote him for maybe a total of 10 times without an answer. We went to Ebay for his phone number to try to settle it w/o bad feedback. We first tried calling at reasonable times w/o an answer. We then tried calling any time of day or night and still no answer. All we wanted to do was return the thing. I finally used his first name in a message and he finally responded with an address to send it back. We got most of our money back. The seller could be having some hard times so, I do not want to hammer him. All and all, the experience sucked. I went with the Yakima Loadwarrior and I am trying to make it plug and play for my S-10 and my newly aquired XJ.

eb8baed6.jpg
xjwisconsin said:
fell trap to the same thing. make sure you know exactly what your getting off of ebay... sometimes good... sometimes you get taken for a bunch of electical conduit with a crap paint job and even crappier welds/fitting same experience as f9k9 couldnt get intouch with the seller to get rid of it. as for the mounting it onto stock rack bars that was worthless, so I drilled and hacked up an old gutter mount THULE rack that I had and screwed the zacatal rack onto it. works alright. a stronger basket would definityl be a better way to go thouhg thats my two cents

scoobyxj said:

HAHA, JB it if ya want to!!

I made mine out of 1" elect conduit. Came out great, light but still plenty strong.

Far as welding it, no probs, just hit the welded areas with sandpaper prior to welding and keep your face out of the green smoke that comes off the weld puddle. It's zinc and can give you zinc poisioning if you inhale a TON of it.

i dont need mine anymore because i built one in welding class at school. ill sell it for $75 plus shipping. I dont know how much is weighs but they designed it so you can take it apart so it will fit into a smaller box than just putting cardboard around it. I got it for christmas last year and was kinda mad whenever i saw it was electrical conduit, but i have stood on it like that other guy said with the spare and i also had a cooler on it and it didnt mess it up. i have the one with the 4 light tabs on the front and 2 on the back and the gutter mounts.

Back