• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Off Road Toy Store

XJiggy

NAXJA Forum User
Alright I submitted an ultimate package request form. The lift kit that I wanted was the RE 3.5" w/ rear leaf packs. I also put down 1" or 1.25" coil spacers and RE's extended shackle to get some additional lift for 32' or 33" tires.

In the reply email that was sent to me it was suggested that I not do the 3.5" with the spacers and shackles because it would give me too much lift for a kit without long arms. It was then suggested that I just get the 4.5" kit (easy for them to say :rof: )

So i was wondering if I could go with a smaller spacer and and keep the shackle and be ok. or should I stay with the 3.5" kit and trim like crazy?

from what ive seen it looks like the 4.5" RE kit utalizes the 3.5"prings and just has a spacer and the 3.5" leafs and has the extended shackle. is this the case?

The RE 4.5" kit is far more complete. It has 4.5" coils, 3.5" springs and a 1.25" shackle (that gives just under 1" of lift, iirc). It also comes with a trackbar, upper control arms, brake lines front and rear, etc.

If you want to go to 4.5", buy the 4.5" kit. Your still on short arms, but your getting the other things that you need to have at 4.5" anyways. If you didn't need those things to go a bit bigger, believe me, they wouldn't include them. :)

-C

can't speak on the pack itself, but if your really wanting to fit 32-33's and don't mind trimming just stick with the 3.5" lift.
I have a Rusty's 3.5" lift and did some trimming front and back and just put some 33's on last Friday. They fit fine, will make some bumpstops for it and be done with it by the weeks end.
I just some new pics in the readers rig section, check it out, I like the way it sits, not to high, tires fit the lift nicely. imho

I run a RE 4.5 kit, great kit, I would recomend it over the 3.5 if you have the extra money. Lot more stuff in it, like upper control arms, etc. If you run 32's you will have to do mininmal trimming if you flex it out a lot, and really won't have to worry about the back that much.

Back