• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5 Super Ride lift, few questions..need some help

Jeeperz83

NAXJA Forum User
I an currently purchasing an RE 3.5 Super Ride full spring pack kit for my 2001 XJ with NP231 and 8.25. My questions concern my ability to wheel and flex with a set of 31x10.5 mud tires on 15x8 AR Baja rims with slightly less backspacing than stock. Right now with a set of 235/75/15's they stick out of the wheel wells about an inch and I am already having rubbing issues in the rear, i.e. every time I hit a bump my rear flares get ripped off.. The stock rear springs are sagging, but I am concerned that even with the 3.5 inch lift the 31's will rub the stock flares hard during mild articulation. Does anyone else have and wheel with this setup or a similar one? I only do mild wheeling, no rocks, mostly mud and forest trails. It is my daily driver for school and work. Any info would be great.

welcome to Naxaj... Try the search function it's really helpful.

About rubbing your flares w/ the RE3.5" leafs and 31's, It's not going to happen unless you have an insane amount of weight in the rear.

W/o bumpstops you will rub up front though probably..

Also you may need to look at getting a Slip Yoke Eliminator (SYE) and rear driveshaft if you get driveline vibrations...

what wheels are you running that a 235 sticks out an inch? i have a set of 225's that are well within and a set of 30s on 4" bs and those only stick out in front. and I go to school with a kid with 30's on stock wheels that also sit inside his wheel wells

I have the same set up RE 3.5 with rear springs, 31's on 15x8 with 4.5 back spacing.. no rubbing at all. lift actully sits about 4.5. I run it the same as you mud and trails

I have 235 on my 2001 on 4.5" BS. Prior to OME MD kit, I had some rubbing problems on the inner flares (better once the black liner removed). I just flexed with the OME this weekend and didn't have any flare contact...mostly b/c when flexed, the body and tire aren't in the same alignment as when loaded down or hitting a bump when both tires move closer to the body at the same time.

I have the RE 3.5 SuperFlex with the full pack and 31's (265/70/16) General Grabber AT2's and I love the lift and tires. I have flexed the sh*t out of it and have only rubbed when flexed about as far as the lift will let me flex it. other than that I rub at full turn on the LCA's but no big deal. I will include a pic with my Jeep flexed out about as far as you want to flex it. This is the only time I have had the tires rub the flares.

shamokinoctober06039_edited.jpg

I have the RE 3.5" with 31x10.5 on 15x8 American racing and have never had any problem whatsoever with mine, I also find that my lift actually sits closer to 4.5".

I have the same RE 3.5 kit on my '93 with 33s and it rubs a little when flexed. You should have no problem with the 31s. They should tuck nicely under the flares.

Semper Fi said:
I have the RE 3.5 SuperFlex with the full pack and 31's (265/70/16) General Grabber AT2's and I love the lift and tires. I have flexed the sh*t out of it and have only rubbed when flexed about as far as the lift will let me flex it. other than that I rub at full turn on the LCA's but no big deal. I will include a pic with my Jeep flexed out about as far as you want to flex it. This is the only time I have had the tires rub the flares.

shamokinoctober06039_edited.jpg

I'm in the same boat. Do you have a standing pic? i.e. unflexed

I'll pile on. I have rubbed the inside of the pass flare with the setup below. Truth be told, I was doing about 35mph through the forest with the discos off jumping into mud holes.

Good luck with your lift. Do some serious searching around NAXJA before you start into it. There is a lot of outstanding insight on these boards. NTOT and Den excepted of course...:looney:

Alright, well it looks like the this setup is definetly going to work well when I get it put together. I actualy went out and looked at my stock rear springs again today. Completely empty, my Jeep has an incredible amount of sag in the rear, especially on the passenger side. Is this normal for a stock XJ? Its an '01 Sport with 61,000 miles and has never been abused or overloaded. I have seen others around the same year and many of them seem to sag as well. Thanks for all your feedback guys, it is much appreciated.

Back